77 Brain Teaser Interview Questions and Answers
This document answers 77 brain teaser interview questions that are commonly asked at job interviews for technical and quantitative roles. These questions focus on problem solving, spatial reasoning, and understanding.
By reading this document, you'll be better prepared to answer unexpected questions, think outside the box, and elaborate on non-standard solutions. And most importantly, you'll be calm and relaxed at the interview.
What's included in the purchase
42 page PDF document
- Answers to 77 brain teaser interview questions including:
- How do you find your car along a very long street when you don't remember where you parked it?
- We want to merge 4 companies into one large company. How many ways are there to merge them?
- I have a rectangular piece of cheese with a round hole. How do I cut the piece with one straight line into two parts of equal weight?
- There are a number of stones, all of different weights. The 10 lightest stones weigh 40% of the total weight. The 5 heaviest stones weigh 25% of the total weight. How many stones are there?
- What is the avg. of the smaller of three random numbers of 0 to 1?
- "1" costs $10. "20" costs $20. How much does "100" cost?
- It takes 6 people 48 hours to paint a house. How long would it take to paint the house if 3 people were added to the middle of the project?
- 3 apples were weighed in pairs and the weights were 200, 204, 208 grams. What is the weight of the lightest apple?
- You are shrunk so that your height is equal to the diameter of a dime (a ten-cent coin) and your mass is proportional reduced so as to maintain your original density. Who is heavier, you or the dime?
- I roll two dice. What is the probability that the 2nd number is greater than the 1st?
Please confirm all purchases before you complete them as all sales are final. There are no refunds for digital content.
About the Author
The author, Igor Kokcharov, is the head of product development at STS. Prior to STS, he spent 15 years as the Head of CAD laboratory at the Russian Academy of Sciences and an Associate Professor at the Siberian Aerospace Academy. He has a Ph.D. from Krasnoyrsk Polytechnical University and an Executive MBA from the University of Lausanne. In his spare time, he has written over 3500 logic and brainteaser problems for job interview candidates.