Case Interview Questions for Tech Companies: 155 Real Interview Questions and Answers
THIS IS AN E-BOOK, AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD.
Case questions aren't just for product manager candidates in the tech industry. This book is ideal for the following roles:
- Business Development
If you're interviewing for Google, Amazon or other top-tech firm, you need to be prepared for case interviews. This is the optimal interview prep resource for you.
Case Interview Questions for Tech Companies provides 155 real questions and answers to help you conquer case questions at tech industry interviews. Covered questions including companies such as:
The book contains fully solved sample answers so readers can learn and improve.
Here are some questions covered in the book:
- Create a marketing campaign for Microsoft Office 365.
- Write a media statement to respond to Uber mischaracterizations voiced in a taxi leader’s newspaper op-ed.
- Describe how Apple’s supply chain works. What challenges does Apple face on a day-to-day basis?
- What’s the bottleneck for an Amazon Robot Picker? And what is the capacity of the assembly line, in units per hour?
- During the holiday season, Amazon customers shipped 200 orders per second. Amazon’s data science team discovered that the average number of orders waiting to be shipped was 20,650. How long did the average Amazon order wait to be shipped?
- A car dealer partner wants to stop doing business with Uber. What should you do?
- How would you identify university faculty to source content for an online university?
- What should Apple consider before implementing a shop-in-shop store for Best Buy?
- If you projected a $500M expense and the variance came in at $1M, what are some explanations for why that is happening? Be prepared to give more than three scenarios.
- If you could open a Google store anywhere, where would it be and why?
- Give your analysis of several recent acquisitions that Google has made.
- What top metrics would you track for the Tinder online dating app?
- If 1,000 people opened the Uber app during one hour, how many cars do you need?
- Let's say we wanted to implement an Amazon Mayday-like feature in Gmail. How would that work?
- How would you any Microsoft product to a restaurant?
And in case you missed it, the book includes interview questions and answers for product management too.
October 3, 2016
Please confirm all purchases before you complete them as all sales are final. There are no refunds for digital content.
About the Author
Lewis is the best selling author of several interview preparation books, including Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews.
Serving clients since 2008, Lewis has helped clients around the world secure jobs at some of the most prestigious companies, including Google, Amazon, and Microsoft. Lewis has been featured in international press including CNN, ABC, CBS, The New Yorker, and The Atlantic.
Lewis has over 13 years of high-tech experience. Most recently, he was the Director of Product Management at Microsoft. Prior to Microsoft, Lewis worked at Google, where he was responsible for launching new AdWords products.