How to Ace the Nursing School Interview
This course helps the job applicant get ready for the nursing school interview. It includes answers to real nursing school interview questions.
What's included in the purchase
1 hr. and 55 min. streaming video and 187 pages of PDF slides where the instructor will cover the course details below.
- Review what hiring committees are looking for in an ideal nursing school candidate
- 29 sample answers to the following nursing school interview questions:
- Traditional Open-Ended
- Tell me about yourself.
- What made you want to become a nurse?
- Tell us why you would be the best candidate for our nursing program?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What will you do if you are not accepted into nursing school this year?
- What does the word success mean to you?
- Why would you like to attend our program?
- Personality / Involvement
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What is your proudest achievement to date?
- What qualities do you think a good nurse should possess?
- How do you respond to stress? Do you feel like you have a high-stress life?
- What activity have you done during your time in college that has been most beneficial to your personal development?
- If your friends were to describe you, what would they say?
- What would you do if a patient threatened you?
- Are you comfortable with taking on a leadership role?
- Your supervisor comes to you and your co-workers and tells you that a new change in policy is effective immediately. You do not think the change can be implemented due to logistics. What do you do?
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you deal with it?
- Tell me about a time when you were put in a stressful situation and how did you handle that?
- Tell me about a time when someone who didn’t know you didn’t like you. How did you deal with that?
- Tell me about a time when a barrier challenged your ability to communicate with another. How did you work around that?
- Questions Specific to Nursing
- What would you do if you find yourself struggling in a nursing course?
- What do you think a nurse’s responsibilities are in today’s society?
- What area would you like to work in once you finish school, and why?
- What have you done to prepare to be a successful nursing student?
- What change would you like to see made in the current healthcare system?
- What resources do you use to keep current on trends in nursing?
- What criteria are you using to evaluate potential nursing schools?
- How did the nurses and doctors you volunteered with influence your outlook on the healthcare system?
- Examples of quantitative evaluation areas
- Example of an evaluative narrative
- The DIGS Method
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a live class or a recorded video?
You will be purchasing a recorded video and class slides, not a live class.
Do you have any upcoming live classes?
There are no live classes scheduled for the near future.
Please confirm all purchases before you complete them as all sales are final. There are no refunds for digital content.