Principal Interview Questions and Answers
This course helps the job applicant get ready for the principal, assistant principal, or other school administrator interview. It includes answers to real principal interview questions.
What's included in the purchase
1.5 hr. streaming video and 65 pages of PDF slides where the instructor will cover the course details below.
- Review what hiring committees are looking for in an ideal school administrator candidate
- Answers to the following principal interview questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Why are you interested in this school or district?
- Tell us a time when you involved parents to improve student achievement.
- Tell us a time when you held teachers and/or staff accountable to improve performance.
- What is your vision for the school?
- What steps would you take to improve student achievement?
- Describe your approach and process to student discipline.
- What are the components of an effective decision-making process? Give us an example of when you used this decision making process.
- What's your experience in managing budgets?
- The school district's mission is X. What does that mean to you, and what is your role in fulfilling it?
- What do you look for when observing instruction? What do you hope to accomplish in the evaluation process? How do you measure effectiveness?
- Walk us through your plan during your first week, month, and year as principal.
- Interview preparation plan
Lewis is the instructor for the class. He is the founder of Impact Interview and has been coaching clients for school administrator positions since 2008.
Here's what our clients say about Lewis
“Working with Lewis is VERY beneficial.” – K.U.
"Lewis has helped me feel more confident by focusing on my strengths." - T.O.
“Lewis has been truly helpful for me to think beyond my usual preparations for the interview, especially in areas specific to the organization, interview, and position.” – S.N.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a live class or a recorded video?
You will be purchasing a recorded video and class slides, not a live class.
Do you have any upcoming live classes?
There are no live classes scheduled for the near future.
Please confirm all purchases before you complete them as all sales are final. There are no refunds for digital content.
About the Author
Lewis is the founder of Impact Interview, an interview coaching firm. Serving clients since 2008, Lewis has helped clients around the world secure jobs at some of the most prestigious companies. Lewis has been featured in international press including CNN, ABC, CBS, The New Yorker, and The Atlantic.