Here are some questions you can expect at the Google senior product manager interview:
Product design questions
- Design Google Calendar for children.
- Design Google Camera.
- How would you improve Google Maps?
- How would you reduce Gmail storage size?
- How would you improve restaurant search?
- What’s favorite Google product? What do you like or not like about it?
- If you were to build the next killer feature for Google, what would it be?
- You’re part of the Google Search web spam team. How would you detect duplicate websites?
- How would you solve homelessness in downtown San Francisco?
- How would you re-design a set-top box?
- How would you design a Mars Rover?
- Create a mobile app for a chain of local orthodontist offices.
- How do you reduce bandwidth consumption for Google Search, especially for developing countries with limited bandwidth?
- Imagine we invented the Google Camera. How many Cameras would we sell in the 1st year?
- How many queries per second does Gmail get?
- How many iPhones are sold in the US each year?
- What is the market for driverless cars in the year 2020?
- How much storage and bandwidth do we need for Google Drive service in the next year?
- How much storage do you need to store all Google Maps info?
- How many new book titles are produced in the US, each year?
- How many YouTube videos are watched in China, each year?
- Imagine you are the PM for Google+. Which metrics would you track?
- Imagine Google+ metric X decreased 20% week over week. How would you diagnose? And what would you do?
- After launching a new feature X, an important metric drops Y%. What would you do?
- What's difference between median and mean?
- Why is it important if an A/B test result is statistically significant?
- Why Google?
- Why PM?
- Write an algorithm that detects meeting conflicts.
- What happens when you type a URL into a browser and hit ENTER?
- A friend is complaining that his website is not appearing in Google Search. Why would that happen?
- If you were Google’s CEO, would you be concerned about Microsoft?
- Should Google offer a Stubhub competitor? That is, sell sports, concert, and theater tickets?
Photo credit: Keso S